How did he do it?
Come to the screening of the film of the action, presented by Brad Downey.
- When: Tuesday 5 June, 7.30pm
- Location: Transition Extreme. Links Road, Queens Links, Aberdeen AB24 5NN. Website: www.transition-extreme.com
- Admission Free!
Brad Downey kicked off Peacock’s exhibition ‘Adaptation – Redesigning the Everyday’ in a big way. Last Thursday night, 10 May, the New York artist climbed scaffolding outside a building in Aberdeen’s King Street and ‘redesigned’ the red tarpaulin by cutting out a giant heart. The artist is lucky the builder, Graeme Cheyne, was so understanding. The company boss admits he has developed a soft spot for it.
Graeme Cheyne said in the Press and Journal last Saturday: ”One of the residents who saw him doing it phoned me at about 6.30pm and I went down. I thought it was nice – once the artist got a bit of a tongue-lashing.”
The impressive 15m high piece has attracted many looks from passers-by over the weekend, and coverage in the local press.
The artwork has now been removed.
- Read article in Scotsman, 18 May
- Read article in Press & Journal 12 May
- Read article in Evening Express 12 May
‘Adaptation – Redesigning the Everyday’ is PVA’s contribution to Scotland’s Six Cities Design Festival