Temporary Art School is a one month live project happening throughout the city of Aberdeen in March 2012. A group of people living and working in both Aberdeen and Glasgow have come together to put on classes and workshops which experiment with what an art school can be and continue in a long tradition of self-organised education. The school is free and no previous experience of art education or training is required. To find out how to get involved and for details of our programme visit:
The project will be documented and shown at The Pipe Factory as part of Glasgow International Festival of Visual Art 2012.
Temporary Art School will host Open Friday events and workshops at Peacock Visual Arts throughout the month of March where all sessions open to the public with the exception of ‘Poets in the City’ workshop which has limited spaces so please email email@example.com to reserve a space.
Dates and times of events happening at Peacock below. For the full timetable visit here.
- ART + SCIENCE | 5-7pm
- A collective exploration into how we comprehend and practice art and science. Hosted by Michael Heaney.
- MUSIC + MEET UP | 7-9pm
- Aberdeen and Glasgow based music from the utterly compelling organ and voice of Kathryn Sawers, Welfare Mothers and Rory McIntyre will be playing a new score to film.
- POETS IN THE CITY WORKSHOP | 5-7pm
- Poet Gerard Rocheford will be giving a new workshop on the word whether it be spoken, written or sprawled in the streets. Please bring along a poem of two which you have written you would like someone to have a look at it and if you have never written one, in Gerard’s words ‘by the end you will have.’ email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a space.
- POETS IN THE CITY + MEET UP | 7-9pm
- Poetry marathon from a whole host of Aberdeen based writers and group meet up for a drink. Get ready for it!
- MANIFESTO WORKSHOP | 5-7pm
- These workshops will explore the art of cut and paste. Bring along books, comics, writing, images – make your own manifesto, re-write history. Led by Kari Robertson
- SCREENING + MEET UP | 7-9pm
- Film screenings open to the public followed by discussion on Guy Debord’s ‘Society of the Spectacle’ and group meet up for a drink.
- THEATRE OF THE OPPRESSED WORKSHOP | HMT | 5-7pm
- This workshop will require you to move to the tune of someone else’s orders – or move them, body mind and soul. Followed by a screening and discussion around ten days that shook the world. Led by Sean Cumming. Wear clothes you can move around in.
- SCREENING, TALK + MEET UP | PVA | 7-9pm
- Film screening open to the public with a talk on Russian Constructivism and the Russian Revolution followed by discussion and group meet up for a drink.